Below are some frequently asked questions by our clients that can help you through the process of any service you're getting done.
What preparations should i do before my wedding day?
We recommend you do not use any NEW products or try anything new one week before your wedding.
A simple guide to preperation should be:
Exfoliate with a gentle exfoliant the night before and morning of (and the week leading up to it if you'd like) highly moisturize with a reliable moisturizer you're skin is used to, and pack on the eye cream that week to ensure you're eyes are well hydrated and rested. additionally, lip moisturizer to soften the lips and if you would like to go that extra mile, you can totally do a mask of your choice that you enjoy!
Will my tan look orange?
Never! We use Vita Liberata Luxury Tan, which reacts with complete pigment in your skin and always turns you your natural tan color. Plus it’s ultra hydrating and organic – it’s great for your skin and looks completely natural.
How long will my tan last?
4 - 10 days based on your skin type and we have great upkeep products to help you stay tanned FOREVER!
Will it make my sheets and clothes dirty?
With tinted/classic spray tan until the first shower you might get a transfer, but it washed from everything fine! Most clients have virtually none – that’s what Vita Liberata is famous for.
What is the best way to prepare for a spray tan?
- Shower and exfoliate 24 hours before tanning with an oil free product.
- Hair removal (waxing/shaving) should be done at least 24 hours prior to tanning.
- Avoid moisturising for 24 hours prior to tanning as even after showering residue can remain on the skin.
- On the day of your tan don’t wear any make-up, deodorant or perfume, body oils or lotions.
Aftercare for your spray tan...
- Remember the instant tan colour you see is only a guiding bronzer. Your tan will develop within 6 - 8 hours.
- Keep hands and skin completely dry for 6 - 8 hours.
- Do not apply cosmetics or skincare products over the developing tan.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire for 6 - 8 hours after the tan is applied.
To allow maximum DHA development, wait 6 - 12 hours before showering.
- Pale / Hard to tan skin: 8 - 12 hours
- Medium / Dark skin: 6 - 8 hours
- Shower with warm water. Once the water runs clear, use a shower gel containing no essential oils and pat the skin dry.
- Do not wax / shave after your spray tan until you are happy for your tan to be removed as this removes layers of skin and will remove the tan too!
I have eczema, can i use Vita Liberate tan?
As there are no irritants in any Vita Liberata products, they are safe to use on sensitive skins, including skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. We always advise a patch test 24 hours before application.